Digital Photography for Middle/High School Students
Class begins August 24 and will meet through September 21 on Thursdays from 10:00 am until 12:00 p.m.
The class cost is $100 per student. A $50 deposit (non-refundable) is required to reserve a spot and the $50 balance is due on the first day of class.
Materials needed for class:
- Digital camera
- Laptop computer or tablet for sharing and editing photos
- Drinking water, and sunscreen
- Comfortable walking shoes. We do a LOT of walking!
Parents must be willing to print and frame three to five of their child’s photos, in 8×10 format, for the exhibition at the end of the program.
This class is for students who are new to digital photography.
Students will learn composition, subject, framing, setting, and editing. We will also discuss internet safety, photography etiquette, and finding and photographing the beauty in everyone.
”My daughter thoroughly enjoyed Jamy’s Beginning Digital Photography Class. Jamy has a lifetime of knowledge and experience to share. Even better than her expertise, she connects well with her students and is able to teach in such a way that her students are able to grasp the concepts being taught. I highly recommend her class for anyone interested in learning more about getting better photographs with a digital camera. “ ~Melanie Carroll
Meeting locations will vary, but will be confined to Forsyth county:
• Week 1 (8/24/17): meet at Bethabara Historic Park (meet at the visitor’s center) – 2147 Bethabara Rd, Winston Salem, NC 27106. Discussion: Subject, and composition.
DO NOT BRING LAPTOPS/TABLETS TO FIRST DAY
• Week 2 (8/31/17): meet at <To be announced>
Discussion: Framing, angle, and setting a tone.
• Week 3 (9/7/17): meet at The Farmer’s Market in Kernersville – 134 E Mountain St, Kernersville, NC 27284
Discussion: Closeups and photojournalism. We will walk to the Paul J. Ciener botanical garden and downtown a little, if time permits. Possibly, we may tour The Kernersville News, if they can fit us in.
• Week 4 (9/14/17): meet at Salem Lake Park – 1001 Salem Lake Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27107 – DO NOT BRING LAPTOPS/TABLETS ON THIS DAY, DO bring framed photos for the exhibition the following week. Discussion: Fantasy Photography Photo Shoot! I will have two models dressed in fantasy attire to pose for the class (like fairies and wizards). There will also be lots of tiny waterfalls and other water features for the students to photograph. It’s the prettiest of the locations.
• Week 5 (9/21/17): Photo exhibition and reception at 3 Blind Dice – 1151 Canal Drive, Suite 103, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
EXHIBITION WILL BE AT 11:00 am. The exhibit will remain up for one week so that friends and family can stop by to see it when their schedule allows. There will be refreshments served.
For more information, EMAIL the instructor at or text 336-738-1278.