Navigate the Website
Thanks for visiting the NC Homeschool-ology website for information about how to homeschool in North Carolina.
There are several different kinds of resources for you here and I thought that I should add a “How to Navigate” post since some visitors have not noticed some of the features I have added.
- Pages with “How to Information” – these are pages that address your frequently asked questions. Get to them using the drop down Menu at the top right hand corner of the Home Page. Look for the “Menu” and then hover over it to see what pages are available. The Menu should stay at the top of your page even as you navigate to different areas of the website, so just scroll back up to the top.
- Posts About Events – go to these from the Home Page by clicking on the slider, the post picture or navigate back and forth using the “Older Posts” Navigation arrows at the end of each page and post.
- Articles – look for articles that will help you teach various subjects or that review specific curricula and educational products too.
- Search – search the website for activities in your area, or older posts by typing your search request into the search bar at the bottom of the home page or on the side bar of any of the blog post pages. These will be either on the Left or the Right side of your screen depending on what page you are looking at. Main pages do not have a sidebar.
- “Clicking” – you will find a number of great links to other pages on the website and to outside resources within each post. Go to those sites and pages just by clicking on the blue type or where I have pointed out that you should “Click Here”.
You will find links for different subjects and categories at the top of each post. Click on the tags, or categories to see more posts that fit into that category. Check the Main pages for lists of links organized by county or area for each different category.
- Homeschool Support Group Lists at that page
- Sports Teams List – at the Sport Page
- Homeschool Help – find links to pages with information on determining your child’s learning style and your teaching philosophy
- Scope & Sequence – find links to resources that help you stay on track and avoid skill gaps
- Testing Requirements – this page has information on how to test, as well ad links to those who do year-end testing for NC Homeschoolers and diagnostic testing.
- Classes & Co-ops – you will find those links at the page in the Menu
- High School – links to high school resources including Proms and Dances. There are secondary pages for high schoolers too that will help with your Planning and Driver’s Education.
- Unschooling – support groups and links to resources for unschoolers.
- Secular Resources – links to groups that specifically state they are secular and links to resources that do not have a religious component.
- Extracurricular – this page contains links to places you may want to visit for field trips or for art, music, dance, and other extra curricular activities.
I am always improving and updating the website and the links, so there are lots more links and resources than I can mention here, but I did want to point out some of the ways you may get around the website to find information that will answer your questions about home education in our amazing state!
The links should be current since I recently checked them all, but if you find one that is broken or is for a group that is no longer meeting, please let me know – I will fix it!
As always, you are encouraged to shoot me your questions if you can’t find an answer here!
And, this site is meant to be a homeschool community resource, so please tell me about events, activities or products that you have found to be helpful so that we can help each other to give our kids the best educational experiences possible.
Don’t worry about getting all the details, or writing it all out perfectly when you email me.
Editing and research are my favorite things, so just send the basic facts to me at any of the contact pages here and/or in the comments/feedback section!
I love feedback – it helps me make this site better!