Fall is Almost Here!
Fall Homeschool Day at Chimney Rock State Park
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Students ages 5-15 – $13
Adults – $10
Event costs cover admission to the park for the day, programs, supplies and afternoon activities
Check in – 9:30 a.m.
Programs run from 9:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline – Wednesday October 5, 2016
The Chimney Rock State Park’s living classroom offers an education for homeschoolers year-round, but the Fall Homeschool Day offers a day of fun, interactive learning, as well as time to explore the park before or after the programs.
Students will enjoy hands-on educational programs that grow their appreciation for nature in one of North Carolina’s most beautiful places.
Homeschoolers of all ages are welcome to attend. You can bring a picnic lunch for the park, or eat at one of the restaurants in Chimney Rock Village.
The time for the programming will vary, based on when the group activities are completed.
Program topics will be:
- Chimney Rock: Now and Then – a Chimney Rock State Park Ranger will share the history of Chimney Rock State Park and how it came to be the 6,000 plus-acre park it is today.
- Sensational Spiders – students will learn all about these eight-legged creatures and why they’re so important to us. They will never look at a spider the same again.
- Magical Migration – this fun and interactive program introduces the process of migration and what makes it so magical. Everyone will love learning how species in their own backyard make an incredible journey in order to survive. At the end of the class students will participate in a game will really bring the lesson home!
- Wildlife Detectives – nature leaves us many clues that are overlooked. Discover wildlife and how to look for the signs they leave behind.
- Afternoon Options – guided hike up the Outcroppings Trail to the Chimney, or to Hickory Nut Falls, begins at 1:30 p.m.
How to Register
Register no later than Wednesday, October 5, 2016. Call 1-800-277-9611 or 828-625-9611.
Please note, the elevator will not be available as it is closed for a project.
How to Get There
Address: Highway 64/74A Chimney Rock, NC 28720.
Get directions online: HERE.
GPS: type in 431 Main St. Chimney Rock, NC 28720 (leads to gate)
Park GPS coordinates: 35.432799, -82.250260